According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), over 11,000 children in the U.S. are rushed to emergency rooms each year from injuries related to strollers, 87% of which are a result of a fall from the stroller or the stroller tipping over.
Stroller tips account for an estimated 1400 injuries a year. The most common injuries are minor cuts and scratches to the head and face. Concussions account for 22% of the injuries, and 61% of the accidents occur in or around the home.
Failure to use stroller restraint systems contribute to many stroller injuries. Recent improvements in restraint systems, such as the 5-point harness, have reduced the likelihood of injuries due to falls when parents properly secure their children. However, tipping often occurs when a child attempts to climb in or out of a stroller and the growing popularity of 3-wheeled strollers and swivel-wheeled strollers has most likely increased the number of tipping accidents. The patented stability system on the Urban Advantage® helps to reduce tipping accidents. It is the only swivel-wheeled stroller that has this added safety feature.
It’s not just numbers if it happens to your child!
We were terrified when one of our own children fell over while in a swivel-wheeled stroller. A sideways bump tipped the stroller over with our co-founder’s son strapped inside. Fortunately, he was not seriously injured. It proved to us that “accidents happen when you least expect them.” After this incident, we were determined to find a solution to this common problem and bring a new, safer model stroller to the market.
Go-Go Babyz has engineered a brake-activated front-stabilizing kickstand that provides stability and support without compromising maneuverability. Simply step on the rear brake bar and the kickstand comes down and locks into place. It retracts when the brake is released. For safety:
Always use the combination brake and kickstand when the stroller is parked. Accidents DO happen when you least expect them.
The Urban Advantage®
Certified by the Juvenile Products Manufacturing Association (JPMA)
An independent testing laboratory validates that the Go-Go Babyz Urban Advantage stroller meets or exceeds the American Society of Testing Materials (ASTM) safety standards. The following represents the major ASTM F833 performance requirements:
How are you going to use your stroller?
- Brake requirement limiting rotation of brake wheels
- Load tests on the seat and footrests
- Stability test with test dummy in carriage or stroller, and stability tests to simulate a child climbing in
- Restraint system integrity testing including: Restraint belt attachment points, adjustment mechanisms, and retention to test child-dummy
- Evaluation of occupant retention for carriages and strollers that recline to a carriage position
- Minimum withdrawal force of caps and plugs that a child can grasp between thumb and forefinger
There are trade-offs with every design. The swivel-wheel, 12 inch tires and 21 inch wheel base give the Urban Advantage the versatility and maneuverability needed in the urban environment. It is a versatile stroller that is at home in the mall or on city streets. However, the Urban Advantage IS NOT a jogging stroller and we do not recommend that you jog or perform any athletic activity while pushing the Urban Advantage. In addition:
- Never leave a child unattended in a stroller
- Always secure the restraint system
- Never use a pillow in a stroller for an infant
- Keep children away when folding and unfolding a stroller
- Be sure plastic end caps on tube ends are fastened securely
- Don't allow children to use a stroller as a toy
- Always apply the brakes when stopping for a period of time